Saturday, July 25, 2009

primehouse



new york, ny

website

after reading about primehouse's burger from this article, derek and i decided to try this steakhouse just up the street last night. nice outdoor seating although it's right on park, so there's a lot of foot and car traffic. good for people-watching. i ordered the steakhouse burger (off their bar menu) - which as you can see, was quite the burger - topped with mushrooms, caramelized onions, and steak sauce. good, messy, but i liked derek's rib-eye better!

one of derek's restaurant pet peeves is when they put "fries" on the menu and end up serving potato wedges instead. as you can see, these "fries" were definitely on the wedge-end of the spectrum...

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm, makin me hungry! I gotta find a good SF burger tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me: burgers are great but have you ever had an awesome gyros platter with garlicky tzatziki (sp) dipping sauce?! I had a favorite place when I was clerking in Columbus and haven't found one in NYC. So just let me know if you come across a great Greek restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nealsid - let me know if you find a good burger place in SF! chi-ru - i'll let you know if i find a good greek restaurant - i like barbounia on park ave and 20th, but it's more general mediterranean rather than greek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i ended up with Thai food tonight(I look forward to your Dragon Fly review in "Karendipity eats! - SF Edition), but for a good cheeseburger, Bar Johnny in Russian Hill is up there

    ReplyDelete