Wednesday, April 28, 2010

georgia brown's


washington, dc

website

our guidebook explained that bill clinton came here to get his soul food fix. so we had to try it. derek and i love soul food. i think it's pretty typical for asian-americans to love soul food. i find that chinese food and southern soul food cooking have a lot in common. for example, when i was ordering my shrimp and grits, the waiter initially asked me if i wanted the heads on. then without waiting for me to answer, he said "yeah, you want it with the heads on." of course. i'm chinese.

my shrimp and grits were pretty tasty but i still preferred the version i had at the redhead. georgia brown's version had too much sauce and it drowned out my grits. my favorites dishes were the appetizers - deviled eggs and fried oysters (pictured). delicious, but the little decorative extras were unnecessary. turns out georgia brown's is fancified soul food. tastes good, but not worth the extra price. overall, not a huge fan. sorry bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment