Friday, September 11, 2009

xie xie


new york, ny

CLOSED

asian ingredients on a baguette-like bread, but definitely not a traditional banh mi sandwich. it's okay, though, because the xie xie sandwiches are delicious. and very filling.

i had the shredded-chicken-smoked-egg-salad sandwich which came with pickled cabbage and cilantro. unique and tasty. to use the banh mi comparison, the cabbage took the place of the marinated vegetables and the smoked egg salad seemed to play the pate role. y had the make-your-own sweet glazed pork sandwich, which was also very tasty. the pork, sweet and sour "condiment" and steamed mantao buns came separately, but unfortunately she ran out of mantao buns before she ran out of meat. next time, we'll definitely have to ask for extra buns.

1 comment:

  1. dang. so hungry right now. and it's only 10:54.

    the weird thing is is that I never tip, which is why I always feel so guilty when they give me free coffee. Nowadays I get the drip because it's faster and stronger. Also I am 87% sure that this barista is gay, and doesn't seem to be all that friendly or happy to see me. So its confusing.

    ReplyDelete