Sunday, January 3, 2010

delfino's pizzeria


seattle, wa

website

located in university village, just a short walk away from the university of washington dormitories, delfino's was one of my favorite restaurants in college. my friends and i would walk stop by delfino's first to put in our pizza order, then go study (or shop) at barnes and noble while we waited for our pizza to be ready. they also serve excellent soups and sandwiches if you're in a hurry. my favorite is their deep dish, almost chicago-style, pizza. i say almost because it is not as heavy as the real chicago deep dish pizzas.

recently, they added a slice menu, which is great if you don't want to wait. cindy, chris, baby m, and i were doing some post-christmas shopping at u-village so we stopped by for some salad and slices. i forgot to take a picture of my pizza so the only evidence of our meal is a pretty picture of the leftover salad. the daily slice happened to be sausage and veggies deep dish, which is my favorite. it wasn't as good as the fresh-out-of-the-oven version, but it still brought me back to my undergrad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment